Thursday, March 27, 2008

balance

Apparently this is the year I get my personal shit in order and my professional life is a disaster.

Ooookay, then.

I've quit smoking and quit using credit cards.

I've started the Apartment Therapy "eight step home cure", which is problematic since I no longer use my credit and it's going to cost some money. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I also don't have an apartment, but I have a 1200 sq.ft. house, so. This is the easy week: Week One, in which I make a list of all the repairs I haven't done (mainly because of cost), buy myself some flowers, do some reading, vacuum/mop, and give away something. I still need to vacuum & mop, which actually will be more like vacuum/swiff because I fracking HATE to mop. And I'm going by the Domestic Abuse Shelter's office tomorrow to drop off a pile of clothes along with a bag of toiletries I culled from my bathroom a few months ago.

Next up: food and exercise. I'm about ready to return to my yoga practice. I have some spankin' new walking shoes. And, thankfully, it's spring and produce is getting a little better. It's still absurdly expensive (and getting more so) but at least I can get some. There's spinach, strawberries, and tangerines in my kitchen right now. Nom nom. I had a lovely strawberry,tangerine, yogurt,and honey dessert tonight.

No comments: