Wednesday, January 23, 2008

pang

I have a fondness for mid-century modern design. It's sleek and beautifully designed, but made of homely industrial materials. My house is by no means sleek & efficient enough to really come close to the mid-century modern aesthetic, but sometimes, I see a thing that I want, and it gives me a pang. I want it, because it's beautiful and red and rich, and the curves are perfect, the form and function are in perfect sync, and the pang, well: I can't afford it. I can't see ever having so much disposable income that I can buy this, this perfect, beautiful, red chair, for eight HUNDRED dollars:



Here's an alternate view, in plain wood, so you can see how delicious and perfect and loungy the bent plywood is:



Really, if I think about it too much, I might just cry. Wah.

No comments: